What to wear to work? The answer sometimes is much trickier to come by.
Many professions are very business casual and often leave your personal interpretation up to you whereas some are too strict with your work wear. Here is a list of business wear do’s and don’ts for girls.
- Choose elegant fabrics that compliment your figure in many prints and colors; black, white and beige work best when accessories and good shoes are involved with your work wear.
- Wear dresses and skirts that rest just above the knee and are not skin tight - a very comfy way to steer through the heat in May.
- Show off your arms with sleeveless tops only if offers good coverage over the rest of your torso; consider boat neck tops.
- Go with beaded and colored shoes only if they are harmonized with toned down solid color fabrics that match.
- Be afraid to flatter your figure, proceed with caution. Find cuts that hug you in the right places but are not tight or show any portion of your stomach or cleavage EVER!
- Wear a skirt that goes more than 2 inches above your knee. Your skirt should never be shorter than the length of your fingers when arms are straight at your sides; no high slits either for your business wear.
- Wear denims as business formals, unless it’s casual Friday.
- Wear Spaghetti straps, off the shoulder or anything sleeveless for your business apparel.
- Wear flip flops, opt for kitten heals or a flat and sassy style if you don’t like to wear heals.